Monday, 19 December 2011

Oh Business Class....where have you been all my life

Despite the name of our blog being "From Business Suits to Backpacks", in the last 6 months we seem to have ventured dangerously close back into the world of the Business Suit. This was perhaps most obvious to me as I lined up (for all of 30 seconds) in the Business Class line at Dubai Airport and then headed for a few sneaky glasses of champagne in the Business Class Lounge. Perhaps the life of the Business Suit is not so bad after all.....(slap to face to bring me back to reality). Have no fear, I have not gone to the "dark side". But really, let's face it, Business Class is the only human way to spend more than 4 hours on a plane. Oh dear, the travel budget is going to need some serious adjustments!

Before heading on my work trip, we had a busy weekend preparing for Rachel's baby shower. This is the first baby shower that I have co-hosted and it was a lot of fun icing pink and blue cupcakes (not twins; gender will be a surprise) and doing design-your-own baby bibs. It was a great afternoon and can't wait until little McMahon makes his/her entrance in January.

I spent the end of November/beginning of December working from my company's office in London. The temperature was 'slightly' different to the lovely weather I had there in August. I had to dust off the old winter jacket that I used in Korea, and wished I had packed my thermals, gloves and a scarf too. On the upside, it meant that I got to duck down to see my brother, sister-in-law and nephew for an early Christmas get together. Although Aunty Kate seriously needs to improve her clothing size estimation skills (the jumper I bought Mathew was more akin to a sleeping bag than a jumper), he was very impressed with the bubble blower that Uncle Brendan bought him and it was rather cute as he stood there staring at the bubbles saying "wow....wow!" Priceless!

While I was away, our apartment became a bachelor pad with a friend we met in Hong Kong stopping over for a few days on his way to the UK. The photographs certainly don't paint a picture of a husband missing his wife.....Rugby 7's one day, out to dinner every other night and trips all around Dubai. Glad the boys enjoyed themselves and glad to find the apartment in one piece upon my return.

Otherwise, Brendan and I are just in countdown mode until the end of the year. We can't wait for my parents to arrive here on the 31st for a couple of weeks and then we have a steady stream of visitors through until mid February. Will be a great couple of months and we are looking forward to finally doing some of the touristy stuff in Dubai that we have been holding off, waiting for some "tourists" to come and visit so we have a suitable excuse!

On that note, signing off for now. Hopefully we will get around to another post before the end of the year, but if not, Merry Christmas and lots of love from us in Dubai. Looking forward to an excellent 2012 and wishing you all a great New Year!

//Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment in our Guest Book. Comments, feedback, or general compliments about Brendan are all welcome.