Tuesday, 30 April 2013

The final farewell to my 20s

Hamish enjoying the pretty lights and wishing me happy 30th
Just a quick post tonight to bid a final farewell to my 20s and welcome my 30s with open arms! After our fantastic trip to Darwin where I got to celebrate my birthday with my wonderful family and friends, it was great to round off the celebrations with a Dubai-based bash.


 The disco balls were set in place (2 of them!), the champagne was chilled and 70s/80s tunes were all lined up. One minor hitch was that our awesome shwarma guy was not allowed to bring his gas bottle up to our apartment to cook the shwarmas fresh on our balcony so our brilliant plan came to a very sudden end...oh well...Plan B, take food back to restaurant, cook there and then deliver a million trillion schwarmas later in the evening after the first dozen or so bottles of champagne had been consumed. Perfect timing!

I had a great night and thanks to everyone for coming to celebrate the night with us. A special amazing thank you to Brendan for my ultra chocolate with extra chocolate birthday cake (which came topped with a chocolate ganache and melted white chocolate. Did I leave out any of the chocolate?

30s here I come....oh and Canada here we come....yes, we are off in 2 weeks to Canada via the UK :)
 //Kate







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment in our Guest Book. Comments, feedback, or general compliments about Brendan are all welcome.