I had them installed on the 16th of August, 2008. They were surgically removed by Katie and a blunt pair of scissors on the morning of January 27th, 2010. That means I had dreads for about 21,480 hours. I'm happy with that for now.
It's a nice feeling, being able to turn my head without getting whipped in the eyes by my dreads. Also, I haven't been able to look directly up for some time now, or sleep with my feet on the bed because of all the extra headroom I needed to leave.
The plan is probably to grow my hair for a while, then make some new, thinner dreads which should be easier to maintain (read: clean).
Anyway, I know you all want some juicy photos of the shaving process, so scroll down once you have finished your lunch...
//Brendan
WOW!!! Look at you!!! Nice-eh!! So, I'm sure everyone wants to know...did ya save 'em? lol
ReplyDeleteOMG you were the most dredded guy in Korea!
ReplyDeleteWell, i brought one back to Oz, as a keepsake.. but the rest are sitting in an air-tight bag on a shelf in my apartment here in korea.. so yeah, not sure what Ill do with them.
ReplyDeletesuggestions?
Bonfire...? (Kate)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure someone has a recipe for hair in Uljin. Just shop around.
ReplyDelete