
Hang on a minute - I thought we just had Monday! It can't be Monday again...but oh it can be. To add injury to the insult that is Monday morning, I have 5 classes in a row of darling year 3 elementary kids that I am sure are fed sugar or narcotics prior to my arrival. Come 1:30, I promptly collapsed at my desk. Never mind, survived another Monday, and I'm sure I will survive the next!

The weekend before last Brendan and I made a return visit to Pohang for the paintball finale of 2010. Was an epic day with a huge turnout and Brendan certainly put his mark on the day being voted runner-up MVP. I suspect this was partly due to his 'have no fear...or no common sense' approach at just running straight at the enemy line at top speed (as opposed to the rest of us actually hiding behind objects and taking the occasional pot shot). The highlight of the day for me was the pity shootout where the boys hid behind oil drums as the girls lined up and were given carte blanche to shoot any or all of them until the paintballs ran out. I managed to land a couple of very gratifying helmet shots. However, given the number of paintballs I had, my hit ratio was pretty low. Don't think the army will be recruiting me anytime soon.
We also caught up with a few of our Pohangian friends and said goodbye to Caroline who was heading back to Canada. It is quite a strange phenomenon working and making friends over here - most people seem to head home after 12 months which kind of puts an expiry date on friendships as soon as they begin. We always hope to stay in touch, but the reality of distance and busy lives can make it hard.
The crowning glory of this post must, however, be the events of last Tuesday night. To innocent, unsuspecting Kate, it was just another ordinary Tuesday. Work, squash and then we went to our friend's place to play cards. Brendan popped out at some point under the pretense of getting more beer...I smiled and wished my dear, honest husband well. Well, not only did Brendan NOT return with beer, but he returned with

MY MUM! GOTCHA!! If ever you need a master of surprises...consult a Gregson. That is the second time they have got us now. I'm just not sure how we can possibly beat them on this one. Was great to spend some time with Mum and show her around our little town. Her visit to Brendan's school was treated somewhat akin to the arrival of royalty (so it should be!) and she was suitably paraded before students, teachers and parents! I think they may name a national holiday after her :)
Anyway, after a manic monday, I am going to cut this one a little short and take my tired self off to bed.
//Kate
No comments:
Post a Comment