Wednesday, 14 April 2010

Taking time to stop and smell the flowers

Korea is like a playground for Kate and I. I mean, the work is fun and not very hard; we can finish at 4:30pm on Friday arvo and be anywhere in the country by no later than 10pm that night for a fun weekend away. Yep, safe to say that we are both enjoying this place more every day. I just found out my school has a gym that we can use for nothing too, so my day just keeps getting better.

So what's been going on recently? well, we had a more official party for Kate's birthday a couple of weekends ago, and invited all the local teachers, both foreign and local, out to a meal and some sensible drinking afterward :) That reminds me, did i mention that when you order a meal at a Korean restaurant, you not only get the meal, but at least 288 side dishes to go along with it. It's great, and makes for a real pick and choose bonanza when you eat with a group. I think the picture should give you a fair idea of how cool the result can be.

The weekend just gone Kate and I headed all the way down to Jinhae, where the annual Cherry Blossom Festival took place. See, these trees only blossom briefly once a year, and boy is it amazing to see the really dark coloured trees exploding with light pink flowers. No other foliage whatsoever, just flowers. I'm not all that botanically inclined, but i can see why there are festivals dedicated to these sweet looking plants.

I dont want to ramble on too much today, so im keeping this one brief. Heaps more photos of the festival and stuff in the South Korea album.

Also, I have started a video album for any videos we take, just so they are all in one spot. I've linked to it on the sidebar for ease of access. Expect more soon.

//Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment in our Guest Book. Comments, feedback, or general compliments about Brendan are all welcome.