With less than 10 working days left in our respective jobs, Kate and I hardly needed another excuse to celebrate. So were more than ready to throw ourselves into the festivities that the last week and a half have provided us.

First up was Kate's Nan's 90th birthday. We were expecting this shindig to be the warm up for the coming week, but boy do those vintage citizens know how to have fun! With a more than respectable turnout of about 70 people or so, Nan had a great time being the centre of attention for the afternoon. Kate and I catered the party with the help of Chris, who also supplied the alcohol, and it all seemed to go down pretty well, and fast, come to think of it.

so that was thursday. The following Monday Kate's aunt Sarah celebrated her 50th Birthday at the Bay Tinh Vietnamese Restaurant in Sydney. A classy place with a decent turnout was a good start, but the entertainment was the special bit. Sarah belongs to a local choir, and she had dragged all of them along to the party to have a nice time, but also to perform a bunch of songs for us. I admit i never knew sarah could sing, or that she was in a choir, but there you go. Hidden talents. I bet not many of you know that I happen to be pretty good at stategy card games. That's right - hidden talent.
The following Saturday Kate and I went in separate directions to attend Bucks and Hens nights for our old friends Lee and Rachel. Obviously I only attended the bucks night, but Kate's account of the Hens night sounded pretty interesting.

Us boys started off at the Balmain Bowling Club, playing some barefoot bowls and being served beer by a couple of Lee's female friends, who dressed up for the occasion. Speaking of dressing up, Lee was decked out with an outfit that made it look like a rainbow vomited on him. It didnt play to his advantage later in the evening when trying to talk his way into pubs, but it was still funny.
The girls started off at a spot in sydney called The Artful Hen, where they all donned smocks and drew pictures of a male model. The guy needed the work, since apparently he couldnt even afford clothes to wear to the gig. I got to see Kate's sketches afterwards, and I'm glad I stuck to the lawn bowls.

After the artistic outing, the girls went out for dinner and then on into the city. By all reports, it sounds like both Lee and Rachel had a great time, and now we are all looking forward to their wedding in December.
Cant wait to get back to good 'ol Koh Samui for the wedding. Only one week left at our jobs, then three weeks to pack up and get outta here!
till next time!
//Brendan
No comments:
Post a Comment