Saturday, 16 August 2008

The Day We Have All Been Dreading

I finally got my dreadlocks. 2 years of long girly hair has finally paid off. no more boring straight hair.

The dreads took two and half days to complete, and were made by a local guy named Tam (pronounced 'tum') who did the entire process by hand and with a long hooked needle that he used in the final stages to knit the dreads tighter.

Tam's shop was like a drop in centre for all the local arty people, who came by each day to sip coffee and work on their artworks which they carried around. one japanese guy told kates fortune using russian gypsy cards while she was waiting for my hair to be done on the third day.

We are in Krabi now by the way. thats where i got the dreads done. was a bargain too, since it only cost 4000 Baht, which is about $130 or so australian. we are leaving krabi tomorrow to go to Samui, which is going to be EXCELLENT. its the spot that kate and i went for our honeymoon, so we cant wait to get back there and relax for a few weeks (if we can afford it. it's high season there at the moment.).

Take it easy!
//Brendan

6 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! If that is not the most hilarious thing ever, I don't know what is... I mean, um you look great man!

    I hope you've picked up the West Indian Hippie way of life to match the hair, ok mon?!

    I hope Kate has fun cutting off one dread a month, just to annoy you! HAHA

    Talk to y'all soon, take care!

    Brad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the REALLY funny thing is that the page took a longtime to download so I'm looking at the photo thinking "wow, dreads have REALLY changed Brendan's appearance" until he suddenly appears at the base of the photo. Fortunately Brendan still looks like Brendan[sort of] not Tim Tum Tam Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brendan I will try really really hard to like them I promise.
    MIL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just letting you two know that I am not missing you (just for today).It is cold and windy. Dad is painting, Tim is moping and I am out of sorts. If you were home I would probably ring you Kate and say lets go shopping but since I am not missing you I don't need to do that do I? love you both Mum/MIL

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big LOL to your dreads mang. Didn't think you were serious. They look hektik.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment in our Guest Book. Comments, feedback, or general compliments about Brendan are all welcome.